5 ½ hours from Paris
6 hours from St Malo
7 ½ hours from Calais
Because the Lot flows diagonally across France, most motorways heading from the Channel Ports in northern or western France lead directly to or connect with those leading to the area (A75, A20, A62).
1 hour west of Rodez Airport
1½ hours north of Toulouse Airport
2 hours south of Bergerac Airport
2½ hours north west of Carcassonne Airport
3 hours east of Bordeaux Airport
- British Airways fly from Gatwick to Toulouse and Bordeaux.
- Easyjet from Gatwick, Bristol, Liverpool, to Toulouse and Bordeaux.
- BMI from many UK Airports (Aberdeen, Belfast, Birmingham, Cardiff, Edinburgh, East Midlands, Glasgow, Humberside, Inverness, Leeds, Liverpool, London Stanstead, Luton, Manchester, Newcastle, Teesside) to Rodez, Toulouse, Carcassonne, Bergerac, Brive La Gaillarde.
- FlyBe from Belfast, Birmingham, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, London Gatwick, Newcastle, Southampton to Toulouse, Bergerac and Bordeaux.
- Ryanair from Brussels, Bristol, Cork, Dublin, East Midlands, Glasgow, Leeds, Liverpool, London Stanstead to Carcassonne, Rodez and Bergerac.
available from Toulouse, Carcassonne and Rodez Airports and is best booked in the UK on « air-drive » deals.
TGV stations at Agen, Montauban, Toulouse, Montpellier, Bordeaux and Nîmes. Rail links between these and several towns in the area; good rail links with Paris.